Friday, October 5, 2012

October 4, 2012

Slept in until 6:30am. No course work this morning. Out the door for work at 8:00 am. Had three placemats laminated at the Town Crier. Came home late for lunch at 12:30pm. Went back to work at 1:00pm, worked until 2:00 then came back home. Sarah left overnight to take in a Tegan and Sarah concert in San Diego with Marin Campbell. Katie Bayer came by at 12:45 to watch the kids until I could come home from work at 2:00pm. Jenn and Emma Anderson popped in a for surprise visit in the afternoon. Fun to see them again. Shortly after I got home from work Sarah called to say that she had accidentally taken the key to the van with her to San Diego which left me without transportation. I called Keith and asked if I could use the camp's vehicle to get the kids to soccer. He graciously agreed. Took the kids over to the soccer fields at 4:00, first Jack's game and then Lucy's which I coached. In Lucy's game we fought our opponents to a scoreless draw. It was the best we have played up to this point. Chris and Katie Bayer came over to the soccer fields to watch my other three kids so I was free to coach, which was amazingly generous of them. After soccer we went over to La Casita for dollar taco night with the Bayers, Chr's brother, Bryan, and his girlfriend, Nataly plus Jenn and Emma Anderson. Fun time, and, of course, great food. Came home, skipped baths, watched a little TV with the kids, and then put everybody to bed. Worked a little on placemats before falling asleep at 10:30pm.

Dinner- Four Veggie Tacos, chips, salsa and a diet coke.

Devotions- Failed to happen today in a purposeful way. Still I obviously need to be more disciplined in this area.

No comments: