Monday, October 29, 2012

October 28, 2012

Sunday- Woke up at 5:30am and did course work before heading down to check in with guest group and have breakfast in dining hall. At 8:30 I left camp on my bike to make my way down to Hurkey Creek where IBC was having a special combined service, picnic lunch and fun day at the meadow there. I walked my bike up the steep hill at the bottom of Saunder's Meadow and rode down Cowbell to where the May Valley road begins. It was a steep climb up and over the ridge, but then it was basically all downhill into Garner Valley after that. I got to Hurkey Creek shortly before 10:00am. Great time with church family at Hurkey Creek. Toward the end of the service Sarah and the kids showed up. Good to see them. After church I watched a little football (Redskins lost). Spoke briefly with Mom and Dad in the afternoon. Sarah received a call from Lisa (Richard) Tate in the afternoon as well. Went to bed at 10:00pm.

Dinner- Penne Pasta in a red sauce, green ripe olives, and garlic bread.

Devotions- Matthew 25

No comments: