Monday, August 27, 2012

August 26, 2012

Sunday- Woke up at 5:30 am. Started Reggie McNeal's book, "Missional Renaissance." Went to church. Before church Annette Sebastian gave me a copy of Andrew Murray's "The State of the Church," which she recommended I read. After church we loaded up the family and drove up to Bruce and Patty Tait's house for a barbecue/party/water fight. We stayed for several hours and I got soaked and felt stuffed from eating so much. Sarah went home with the kids and I continued on to a sendoff party for Paul Kennen who is leaving for college at Simpson University on Tuesday. I took him a Camp Maranatha T-shirt as a gift. Came home to find that the staff girls had come over to watch a movie with the kids. Sarah and I watched an episode of Flight of the Conchords from season 2 before I went to bed at around 9:30 pm. Sarah went over to Katie Bayer's house after I went to bed.

Dinner- Although there was quite a spread at Paul's send off party I couldn't eat any of it as I was still stuffed from the Tait's barbecue so I opted for a late dinner at 7:00 pm which consisted of a big bowl of Raisin Bran.

No comments: